Andrew Whiley was elected to the Dunedin City Council in October 2013. Now in his third elected term, he is a committed community-focused councillor; he is Chair of Bylaw Hearings, Deputy Chair of the Economic Development Committee, Councillor Representative on the Peninsula Community Board, the NZ Masters Games Trust Board, the Puketai Board and the Dunedin Public Art Gallery Society.
Andrew is also a Certified Resource Management Act (RMA) Commissioner and member of the Institute of Directors. He is the Board Chair of Volunteer South and Chair of Dunedin Community House. Prior to being elected to council, Andrew was previously on the Board of Dunedin Host, the Dunedin Tourism Operators organisation. He is an active Rotarian and is past-President of the Dunedin South Rotary Club,
As a PGA Golf Professional since 1984, Andrew maintains active involvement in the golf industry through his golf tourism company and as Caddymaster at the NZ Open. He has been continually elected on to the NZPGA Board of Directors since 2008 and was recently elected as the President of the NZ Professional Golfers Association (NZPGA).
Andrew and his wife Jackie, along with their two, now young adult children, have made Dunedin their home since 2003. They operate their business “Estate of Grace”, which focuses on supporting clients through all aspects of estate management in a holistic and caring way.
Committee Membership and Council-affiliated Roles
- Dunedin City Council – since 2013
- Community and Culture Committee
- Economic Development Committee - Deputy Chair
- Finance Committee
- Infrastructure Services and Networks Committee
- Planning and Environment Committee
- Bylaws Subcommittee - Chair
- Hearings Committee
- Dunedin Otaru Sister City Society
- Dunedin Public Art Gallery Society
- Puketai Residential Centre Liaison Committee
- Otago Peninsula Community Board
- Dunedin Masters Games Trust and NZ Masters Games Trust Board